Radon Mitigation in Knoxville, TN
Dayton's Pest Control provides free, in-home consultations to assist in radon removal and radon mitigation for your home. Our Radon Mitigation Specialist will schedule a time that is convenient to visit with you.
During this time, Dayton's Pest Control will conduct a Structural Analysis and Design Survey with you, detailing all the fine points of what goes into a successful mitigation. Contact us today for a free radon mitigation quote!
Radon Mitigation System Installation
Dayton's Pest Control's radon technicians are trained extensively on the best practices for properly installing radon mitigation systems to pull radon from within the home and expel it outside the house. Each of our technicians are trained to perform all radon services and comply with all the radon gas industry's recommended practices to ensure the highest quality solutions have been provided.
Each radon mitigation system design varies depending on the structure of your home. Homes are generally categorized according to their foundation design. The existence of a basement, crawl space, or slab all determine the proper mitigation system needed. The following procedures are taken in most instances:
Common Radon Mitigation Procedures
As noted above, these procedures vary slightly depending on the type of system installed.
- Forces need to be redirected from the "stack effect". The stack effect draws air from beneath your home and up into your living space. Depressurizing the soil beneath the structure allows for the radon gas to be redirected.
- The radon gas is redirected. A hole is drilled into the slab, crawl space, or surrounding earth to create a suction point (sometimes more than one suction point is needed). The radon gas is vented through a PVC pipe that is connected to the hole. The pipe can be installed through the house or outside. Some newer homes have radon control systems installed that run through the home.
- The radon gas is vented out, away from your home. The pipe is connected to a fan in the attic or to the top of the structure for proper ventilation.
- Radon entry points are sealed. To resist gas entry, cracks are sealed using a urethane caulking compound.
- A final system checklist is performed. Your technicians are trained and certified to inspect the entire radon mitigation system after it has been installed to make sure it complies with industry standards. Proper system labeling and proper fan operation are checked, along with other key system details.
- Retesting for radon. Retesting is done within 30 days of the system installation to ensure the system is working effectively.
Dayton's Pest Control can offer a variety of payment options for your convenience. We know that radon gas mitigation is not always a budgeted household expense, and we'll work with you to make sure that you get the best value within your price options.
Don't wait to make your home a healthier, safer environment! Call or contact us today to schedule a radon test or receive a free radon mitigation system quote today! They serve throughout Tennessee, including Sharps Chapel, Sevierville, Tazewell, White Pine, Knoxville, Maryville, Sevierville, Oak Ridge.